Sunday, April 6, 2014


The Puzzle of Motivation

After watching the Dan Pink: The Puzzle of motivation video I have more questions than answers.
I can see his point he was making, but when I think of my students in my classroom, I don't agree; completely.
Looking at the area of Autotomy, the urge to direct our own lives, I feel could help my students be successful later in school and life.  
I could increase their motivation by letting them choose how to study (alone, partner, technology device, paper pencil) and how to be assessed on that said skill.  This would be different for each student and would also vary from week to week.  Weekly I could remind them, during private conferences, how the previous week went and what we could do differently.  Ultimately it would be their decisions and they would be responsible for the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment