Monday, April 28, 2014

Digital Footprint

When I type my name, or Googled, I didn't find any surprises (whew!). I find different posts depending if I use my full name or shortened name. I did see a few images I want to take down, especially ones from Pinterest, but all in all, it was OK.

I think students need to see first hand what can be out there.  I think we need to show them what happens.  I have seen the teachers posting pictures on Facebook to show students how fast a picture travels and how many people can see it, maybe something like that would be a concrete visual for them.  No matter how or what we do to help them understand what the digital footprint is, I think they have to see it themselves, buy into it if you will.
I would have no problem showing students my footprint to establish this understanding in them.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I always share those images for teachers to help them show how FAR those images go! I bet they are surprised that images make it Cyprus! =D

    ReplyDelete